Connect with us

Islam

2018 Hajj fares: NAHCON hikes pilgrims’ initial deposit to N1.5m

Published

on

2018 Hajj fares: NAHCON hikes pilgrims’ initial deposit to N1.5m

 

National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON) has hiked initial depot to be paid by intending pilgrims for 2018 Hajj to N1.5 million.
Executive Secretary of the commission, Alhaji Abubakar Nalaraba, who declared this, added that prospective pilgrims will pay the initial depot of N1.5 million on or before March 31.
Blaming the new biometric data capturing policy by Saudi Arabia for the hike, Nalaraba who led other officials of the commission on a visit to Emir of Lafia, maintained that Saudi authorities have introduced some taxes and innovations which have made the hike in fares imperative.

The visit, he added, was part of state-wide advocacy to educate intending pilgrims on new innovations introduced by Saudi authorities for the Hajj.
The introduction of taxes and other innovations, he reiterated, raised the tentative Hajj fare from about N1 million paid in 2017 to N1.5 million, insisting that the collection of the fares would end on March 31, 2018.
Intending pilgrims that succeed in completing the payment, Nalaraba said, would go for bio-metric data capture in seven centres across the country, with those from the state having theirs in Abuja.

“For now, we are instructed to receive N1.5 million; last year the total hajj fare was N1, 545, 000, but this year we are instructed to collect N1, 500, 000 from intending pilgrims pending the final approval,” he said.
The Emir of Lafia, Dr. Isa Mustapha-Agwai, however joined other intending pilgrims to urge NAHCON to reduce the fares.
The emir made the call when he received officials of Nasarawa State Muslims Pilgrims Welfare Board at his palace in Lafia.

The astronomical fares being charged, he warned, would deprive Muslims in the country from performing a very important religious obligation, which is one of the five pillars of Islam.
Mustapha-Agwai advised NAHCON to engage the Presidency and Saudi authorities to reduce the fares to enable more Muslims partake in the holy pilgrimage.

Advertisements
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Categories

Facebook

Trending

Take advantage of our impressive online traffic; advertise your brands and products on this site. Call For Advert Placement and Enquiries, Call: Mobile Phone:+234 803 304 2915 Online Editor: Michael Abimboye Mobile Phone: 0813 699 6757 Email: mmakesense@gmail.com Copyright © 2018 NewTelegraph Newspaper.

%d bloggers like this: