Connect with us

     

Islam

Hajj 2019: Presidency approves N1.5m tentative deposit for pilgrims

Published

on

Hajj 2019: Presidency approves N1.5m tentative deposit for pilgrims
  • 115 firms secure licenses for Hajj, Ummrah operations

 

The Presidency has approved N1.5 milion fare to be paid as tentative deposit by intending pilgrims for 2019 hajj operations. The National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON), a commission at the Presidency, which declared this, noted that it had issued operations approvals for 115 firms for this year’s Hajj and Ummrah. This came as the biometric registration for intending pilgrims, which began in November, 2018, entered fifth month.

The registration requires a tentative deposit of N1.5m in bank draft with any of the certified state Muslim pilgrims’ boards, agencies or commissions, the Hajj commission said. Stating that NAHCON had not authorised any state Muslim pilgrims’ board to announce hajj fare for 2019, the Head, Public Affairs Division of the commission, Mrs. Fatima Usara, said in a statement in Abuja, intending pilgrims should pay an initial deposit of N1.5 million. The indices that determines final fare for hajj, she said, are yet to be determined by the commission, state pilgrims’ bureaux and other stakeholders.

“NAHCON wishes to draw attention of the 2019 intending pilgrims in particular and the general public that it has not authourised any state Muslim pilgrims’ board to announce hajj fare for 2019,” Usara said. The registration of 2019 intending pilgrims in Nigeria had commenced since November 2018, she added.

The NAHCON spokesperson explained that the registration requires a tentative deposit of N1.5m in bank draft with any of the certified state Muslim pilgrims’ boards, agencies or commissions. According to her, the deposit can be done fully or by installments and a copy of the draft should be presented to the respective state board. Usara warned intending pilgrims against paying cash to any agent or board member, as payment is strictly through the banks. She disclosed that NAHCON had released an updated list of approved 2019 licensed Tour Operators with the corresponding number of slots allocated to each.

“This followed a two-day hearing and verification of claims by the NAHCON committee set up for consideration of appeals by Appellant Companies for 2019 hajj. “A total of 115 out of 147 companies that applied for the licence have so far been approved to participate in the year’s Umrah and Hajj exercises,” Usara said.

Advertisements
Continue Reading
Advertisement
1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. Bandar Bola

    July 4, 2019 at 3:02 am

    Very nice post. I simply stumbled upon your weblog
    and wished to say that I have truly enjoyed surfing around your blog posts.
    After all I’ll be subscribing for your feed and I’m hoping you write again soon!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Categories

Facebook

Trending

Take advantage of our impressive online traffic; advertise your brands and products on this site. For Advert Placement and Enquiries, Call: Mobile Phone:+234 805 0498 544. Online Editor: Tunde Sulaiman Mobile Phone: 0805 0498 544; Email: tunsul2@gmail.com. Copyright © 2018 NewTelegraph Newspaper.

%d bloggers like this: