Education

How herdsmen crippled education in Benue

How herdsmen crippled education in Benue
  • ˜Govt: We require over N1bn to fix our schools
  • ˜Parents: Our children have stopped going to school

CRISIS
Over 20,000 children in Benue State, who are either out of school or learning under deplorable environment in IDP camps, are calling on the federal and state governments to help them

These are not the best of times for Benue State children and their parents, as they are either completely out of school or learning under deplorable conditions, especially under sheds and trees, make-shift structures as well as dust infested floors without furniture and other learning materials.
This is no thanks to incessant attacks by armed herdsmen, who unleashed terror on their communities, forcing them to abandon their homes and schools.
The children and their parents, who have continued to count their losses in the last 18 months, are from Agatu, Logo, Guma, Gwer West, Kwande, Buruku, Gwer East, Ogbadibo, Okpokwu and Markurdi Local Government Areas of the state, which are mostly affected by the herdsmen attacks.
Expressing worry over the development in the last 18 months, the State Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB), said more than 50 public primary school structures had been destroyed between January and December 2018, forcing over 20,000 children out of school with over 16,000 of them housed or taking shelter in different Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) camps across the state.
However, when New Telegraph visited some of the areas for on-the-spot assessment of the situation of the children, especially in terms of education delivery, it was discovered that most of the pupils are still psychologically traumatised following the attacks, which led to the death of either their parents, siblings, colleagues or teachers.
For instance, RCM Primary School, Ikyule in Logo Local Government Area, which was established in 1972 and one of the schools noted for sound and qualitative education, had been deserted due to the attack.
Today, the 47-year-old school, reputed to have produced several old students, who have excelled in their various endeavour, and which used to be the pride of the community, is in total ruins owing to herdsmen, who reportedly set the school ablaze in 2014.
The attacks forced the state government to close down the school, which is now being occupied by cows, grazed on the premises that have been over grown by weeds and bush.
As a result of the mindless attacks and palpable apprehension of members of the community, the pupils and teachers had since fled the school.
Now, the closest school to the community, NKST Ayilamo, is also not the best option for the pupils and their parents as the school had also at various times been attacked by the herders.
Meanwhile, the schools at the local government area of the former governor of the state and now a Senator, representing Benue North East in the National Assembly, Dr. Gabriel Suswam were not speared as the area had been declared a war zone by the herdsmen.
New Telegraph, however, noted that the education of the children in various IDP camps had been greatly affected, as there were no longer functional classrooms, conducive learning environment, quality and adequate teachers to enhance effective teaching-learning process.
The displaced children at Abagena IDP camp, located along Makurdi-Lafia Road, when New Telegraph visited the area, were being taught by a volunteered teacher, Ninbei Abeche from Tokula community in Guma Local Government Area, who was said to have continued classes in the IDP camps following the takeover of their communities by armed herdsmen.
Since the attacks by herdsmen who also took over many communities in the area, the over 15,000 pupils and students are out of school or learning in the make-shift classes in the IDP camps where they and their parents are taking refuge.
Lamenting their plight and that of their children, a parent at one of the IDPs camps, told New Telegraph that their children had since stopped going to school because the schools have often been the targets of the attackers each time they strike.
Due to this, he said the education of the children had suffered negatively in the last few months as their schools had been taken over by the herdsmen.
But, according to Abeche, one of the major challenges confronting him in ensuring effective teaching is the large number of the students that has outstretched the capacity of the make-shift structure put in place in the IDP camp which could not accommodate the pupils as well as pave way for adequate teaching-learning process.
“We lack school facilities such as teaching materials and conducive environment to impact knowledge to the students,” he said, adding that the children were already lamenting their plight and deplorable learning conditions in the camps.
Towards this end, he called on the Federal and state government to come to the aid of the children so that they could return to their schools and ancestral homes as soon as possible.
Abeche, therefore, expressed worry and concerned about the learning environment in which the children are exposed to, saying such learning situation would never aid quality learning or knowledge acquisition.
Meanwhile, a JSS 3 student, Sunday Swaku, who bemoaned their predicament, also expressed the hope that the situation would be resolved as soon as possible so they could go back to their schools for normal lessons to continue as they have in the last 18 months been left behind by their peers in other parts of the state and country.
He recalled with anguish: “No fewer than 10 people were killed in our village, so we had to run for our dear lives to this place. Although, I am going to school here, my hope is to return to our community. We are going to school here free and I will also sit for my Junior NECO free, but I still want to go back home. I want the herdsmen to leave our village.”
Also, another Senior School (SS 2) student, Kelvin Liam, lamented that the attacks had affected their education adversely, saying: “We are young children; we should be in school and not at IDP camps. All our schools have either been shut down or converted to IDPs’ camps. This forced us out of school. The government should do something urgently to help us.”
This was as the students appealed to the Federal Government to intervene in their plight and help to end the crisis once and for all, for them to learning like their other peers across the country.
However, the state Governor, Samuel Ortom, whose administration had been working relentlessly to ensure that the crisis was resolved, had during one of his regular visits to the IDP camps, quoted as regretting that 60 per cent of the displaced are children of school age and who have not been able to return to school.
Also, condemning the development, the Executive Secretary of the Benue State Teaching Service Board (TSB), Dr. Wilfred Uji, while speaking with New Telegraph about the plight of school children in the various IDP camps, however, disclosed that at least 200, 000 students in post-primary institutions alongside 1,000 teachers were displaced as a result of herdsmen attacks and terror unleashed on the state.
According to Uji, no fewer than 20 out of 64 government-owned post-primary schools across the three senatorial districts of the state were destroyed by the militants.
He noted that the state would require over N1 billion from the Federal Government as intervention to fix the schools and facilities destroyed by the insurgents, as well as to rehabilitate affected teachers to enable the students to settle down for normal academic work.
Uji, who lamented the level of devastation the invasion had caused the education sector in the state, further explained that the areas that is worst hit by the mayhem include Agatu in Agatu Local Government Area as well as Udei, Gbajimba, Torkula all in Guma Local Government Areas and Gwer East, Logo, Ukum and Katsina-Ala LGAs respectively.
“At one instance, the herdsmen wrote a letter to the Principal of Community Secondary School, Tongov in Katsina-Ala Local Government Area and the man was to be killed later,” he lamented, even as he described the future of children displaced by the attacks as bleak.
“It will take the state and other parts of Northern part of the country more than 100 years to catch up with the rest of country educationally,” he stressed, regretting that the North accounts for over 80 per cent illiteracy rate in the country.
While adding that there were over five million school drop-outs in the region, Uji added: “There is no future for our children educationally. Urgent intervention is needed to restore confidence in the system. We should stop playing politics with the education of our young ones. In the next 100 years, we will still find ourselves quarreling over the issue of education.
“The North is the one marginalising itself. The Northerners, especially the President should wake up in order to sanitise the educational system in that region.”
As part of moves to address the educational needs of the displaced children, he recalled that Governor Ortom’s administration had in the interim provided temporary classroom structures, instructional materials and facilities, recruitment of volunteer teachers to teach the children, while feeding of the children has also been taken care of by the government.
Uji disclosed that the wage bill of the board had dropped from over N600 million to N500 million following the retirement of more than 500 teachers and death of over 100, stressing that the state requires 5,000 teachers to replace those that either retired or died.
He, therefore, called on the Federal Government to establish the Secondary Schools Commission like the National Universities Commission (NUC), Universal Basic Education Commission (UBEC), and the National Board of Technical Education (NBTE) for polytechnic education to regulate the activities of secondary school in the country.

1. rekordbox torrent

July 6, 2019 at 3:54 pm

Great writing to check out, glad that duckduck took me here, Keep Up awsome job

2. ufc 3 pc crack

July 6, 2019 at 10:14 am

Good, this is what I was looking for in bing

3. Enjoyed reading through this, very good stuff, thankyou .

July 5, 2019 at 3:20 am

I used to be suggested this web site via my cousin. I am not positive whether or not this put up is written through him as nobody else realize such unique approximately my problem. You’re wonderful! Thanks!

5. phantom forces aimbot

July 4, 2019 at 3:10 pm

Hello there, I found your web site via Google while searching for a related topic, your site came up, it looks good. I’ve bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.

July 3, 2019 at 3:30 pm

hello!,I like your writing so much! share we communicate more about your article on AOL? I require a specialist on this area to solve my problem. May be that’s you! Looking forward to see you.

7. vn hack

July 3, 2019 at 3:32 am

Fantastic post however , I was wanting to know if you could write a litte more on this topic? I’d be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit further. Many thanks!

8. hacking apex legends pc

July 2, 2019 at 3:42 am

I have learn a few excellent stuff here. Definitely price bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how so much effort you set to make this kind of great informative website.

9. advanced systemcare 11.5 key

June 28, 2019 at 9:35 am

Wow! This can be one particular of the most helpful blogs We’ve ever arrive across on this subject. Actually Wonderful. I am also a specialist in this topic therefore I can understand your effort.

10. strucid aimbot script

June 28, 2019 at 2:46 am

My husband and i got thankful that Peter managed to conclude his homework through your precious recommendations he acquired out of your blog. It is now and again perplexing to just happen to be offering solutions which usually a number of people have been making money from. And we take into account we’ve got the writer to appreciate for this. The most important explanations you’ve made, the straightforward site menu, the friendships you will help to foster – it is mostly great, and it is facilitating our son and us do think this matter is enjoyable, and that is exceedingly serious. Thank you for all!

11. synapse x serial key free

June 27, 2019 at 4:18 pm

I do enjoy the manner in which you have framed this issue plus it really does supply me some fodder for consideration. Nonetheless, because of what precisely I have observed, I only hope when the actual remarks stack on that men and women remain on point and don’t start on a tirade involving the news of the day. Still, thank you for this superb piece and even though I do not necessarily concur with this in totality, I respect your standpoint.

12. ispoofer activation key

June 27, 2019 at 1:35 am

I have been browsing online more than three hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It’s pretty worth enough for me. In my view, if all webmasters and bloggers made good content as you did, the net will be a lot more useful than ever before.

13. geometry dash 2.11 download pc

June 26, 2019 at 1:54 am

Thanks – Enjoyed this update, how can I make is so that I get an alert email whenever there is a fresh article?

14. skin swapper

June 25, 2019 at 3:29 pm

I’ve read a few excellent stuff here. Definitely price bookmarking for revisiting. I surprise how much attempt you set to make any such excellent informative website.

15. free fire hack version unlimited diamond

June 25, 2019 at 2:14 am

magnificent points altogether, you simply gained a brand new reader. What would you recommend in regards to your post that you made some days ago? Any positive?

June 24, 2019 at 11:59 pm

Hello, i read your blog occasionally and i own a similar one and i was just wondering if you get a lot of spam remarks? If so how do you stop it, any plugin or anything you can suggest? I get so much lately it’s driving me insane so any assistance is very much appreciated.

17. codes for mining simulator 2019

June 24, 2019 at 2:50 pm

Greetings from Idaho! I’m bored at work so I decided to browse your website on my iphone during lunch break. I really like the information you present here and can’t wait to take a look when I get home. I’m amazed at how quick your blog loaded on my mobile .. I’m not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyways, good site!

June 23, 2019 at 2:33 pm

You could certainly see your enthusiasm in the work you write. The world hopes for even more passionate writers like you who are not afraid to say how they believe. Always go after your heart.

19. team outwitt

June 23, 2019 at 12:32 pm

Most of the things you mention happens to be astonishingly precise and it makes me wonder why I had not looked at this with this light previously. This particular article truly did turn the light on for me as far as this particular issue goes. However there is actually just one point I am not necessarily too comfy with so while I try to reconcile that with the main idea of the point, let me see what the rest of the readers have to point out.Nicely done.

20. vantage mod tool

June 21, 2019 at 2:33 am

Its like you read my mind! You seem to know a lot about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you could do with some pics to drive the message home a bit, but instead of that, this is fantastic blog. A great read. I will definitely be back.

21. nonsense diamond key

June 20, 2019 at 1:41 pm

I have not checked in here for some time since I thought it was getting boring, but the last several posts are great quality so I guess I’ll add you back to my everyday bloglist. You deserve it my friend 🙂

June 19, 2019 at 3:22 pm

It’s arduous to seek out knowledgeable people on this topic, but you sound like you recognize what you’re talking about! Thanks

23. hottydesire

June 19, 2019 at 3:18 pm

I’ve long been browsing online even more than 3 hours nowadays, at this point
    I never noticed just about any interesting posting just like
    the ones you have. It’s quite value ample i believe.

For my part, in cases where all of the web owners together with folks generated superior information just
    like you have, the online world will always be much more valuable than you ever have.|
    Thanks a whole lot for posting it using folks you will understand which you’re chatting approximately!

Saved to my bookmarks. Kindly furthermore confer with my website Means).
    We’re able to enjoy a relationship commerce deal in our midst!|
    Hello there.This particular blog post got remarkable, mainly since i had
    been in the market for applying for grants this particular matter last number of days or weeks.|
    Any Zune targets for lodging a mobile Media Competitor.
    As opposed to a visitor. Not just a online game device.
    Oftentimes in the future it’ll achieve quite possibly a lot better within the ones
    regions, nevertheless for at present it’s a terrific option in direction of put together and pay attention to
    your brand-new new music and films, that is without any expert in just who consider.
    All of the iPod’s positive aspects tend to
    be its own world-wide-web checking out not to mention programs.

If persons very good far more interesting, most likely it’s
    ideal option.|
    My spouse and i were commenting to allows you to determine what the wonderful breakthrough discovery my own cousin’s girl purchased in your website.
    This woman located lots of articles, like whatever it’s enjoy an excellent
    supporting character to allow for many people without difficulty be aware
    of several unattainable issues. We did more than my favorite
    hopes. I appreciate you for adding a lot of these effective, reliable,
    informative along with enjoyable advice on that content so that
    you can Kate.|
    Pretty decent crafted article. It is important to successfully anybody
    who incorporates doing it, and also me and my friends.
    Carry on doing what you are doing , i’m able to definitely
    continue reading content articles.|
    You happen to be really bright personal!|
    Thx for almost every other breathtaking article. Spot different might
    possibly someone obtain that kind of info in a suitable way of writing?

For sale powerpoint presentation right after 7-day period, i will along the do a search for those
    facts.|
    Permit me to setup live journal about the same website address but yet
    using that equal wordpress platforms have a very go with classification appear inside numerous site.
    It is possible to way to do this particular?.|
    As well as absent for a bit, however right now I remember so why I did previously like this website.

Appreciate it , I¡¦ll make sure you visit with greater frequency.

Appropriately you actually then you definitely blog?|
    Awesome fantastic points right here. I¡¦m willing
    to take a look an individual’s posting. Thank you and i’m looking
    in advance to contact an individual. You will too
    please make sure to fall us a mailings?|
    Almanca Tercüme BürosuTercüme talebiniz dogrultusunda tarafimiza ulasan dökümanlariniz detayli bir
    sekilde incelenir ve alaninda uzman onal tecrübe sahibi tercümanlarimiza yölendirilir.
    Dökümlarin içerigine göre teslimat süresi belirlenir onal aninda çalismaya baslanir.
    Almanca tercüme talepleriniz titizlikle incelenir ve tarafiniza durante kaliteli hizmet durante
    kisa sürede verilir. Almanca tercümeleriniz için uzman ekibimiz her own zaman sizin yaninizda.|
    In most cases I will not study place relating to information sites, on the other hand would like to are
    convinced that the write-up especially pushed all of us for you to do as a result!
    A style of writing has become pleased me personally.
    Thanks a lot, rather fine article.|
    Incredible! This will be one of the most effective blogs and forums We’ve previously get there around in this particular content.
    Genuinely Great. I’m additionally an expert in such
    a issue so we could know your energy.|
    Hi, only turned out to be tuned in to your blog post throughout Bing and google, and discovered which will it’s certainly useful.
    I will be want to look out for belgium’s capital.
    I’ll end up being thankful once you do this again later on. Many others would be took advantage of
    an individual’s making. Thank you!|
    My organization is seriously fascinated utilizing your ability as
    a copywriter together with while using format within your web log.

Is this a payed subject and have you update doing
    it by yourself? Anyway keep up to date the best superior quality crafting, it is actually uncommon to check out an ideal blog site such
    as this one as of late.|
    outstanding submit, rather educational. I’m wondering the reason why currently industry experts of that area usually do not note it.
    You should preserve your own creating. I’m for sure, you now have a large readers’ base
    now!|
    great create, extremely informative. I’m thinking why currently advisors
    from this world aren’t aware this unique. Make sure you keep on your publishing.
    Most likely, you’ve an immense readers’ foundation now!|
    Being a Newcomer, My organization is continually
    searching on-line meant for content that can assist
    others. Regards|
    An individual inevitably assist in order to make severely
    articles or reviews I’d status. It is a first time I just frequented your internet document consequently considerably?
    I just shocked in the test you made in order to make this actual set up astounding.
    Terrific recreation!|
    Rather nice post. I merely located your web page as
    well as thought to are convinced that I’ve extremely enjoyed surfing
    around your blog post content pieces. In spite of everything We’re
    registering to an individual’s feed and i we do hope you come up with once again as soon as possible!|
    Woah! I’m seriously lovingenjoyingdigging all the
    template/theme about this sitewebsiteblog. It’s effortless, to date reliable.
    In most situations it’s fairly hardvery difficultchallengingtoughdifficulthard to get who
    “perfect balance” relating to brilliant usabilityuser friendlinessusability and visible appearancevisual appealappearance.
    I have to admit which usually you’veyou haveyou’ve succesfully done an important awesomeamazingvery goodsuperbfantasticexcellentgreat process utilizing
    this. When it comes to additionAdditionallyAlso, your website hundreds veryextremelysuper fastquick in my opinion on the subject of SafariInternet explorerChromeOperaFirefox.

SuperbExceptionalOutstandingExcellent Web log!|
    I love any important data most people deliver in the articles
    and reviews. I’ll lesezeichen your blog site and examine once on this page frequently.
    I’m relatively positive I’ll gain knowledge of numerous blog here!
    I wish you all for!|
    Hello there, I noticed your web site through the utiliser from Search engines even looking for an equivalent subject matter, your websites came out, it is
    superb. I’ve saved to fav this in doing my aol bookmarks.|
    There are many fascinating cut-off dates within this write-up however don’t know if these folks heart and soul in order
    to core. There’s a handful of quality nonetheless takes store
    judgment right up till I look at it even more. Good article , appreciate it and we
    might prefer excess! Included on FeedBurner mainly because beautifully|
    thanks a ton web-based web-sites.|
    Very good technique of revealing to, and additionally enjoyable article to take facts concerning my business
    presentation concentration, i always ‘m going to present enrolled
    in college.|
    Thanks a lot for a different interesting web log. In which in addition might I buy that type of information printed in a really the best choice option? I’ve an undertaking that
    we are at the moment working on, and even I’ve been on the
    looks up for the purpose of these sort of information and facts.|
    Hello, I’m certainly actually ecstatic I’ve located this data.

Nowadays people print no more rumours along with world-wide-web which is definitely aggravating.
    An effective web site along with fantastic material, this is
    what We would like. We appreciate you attempting to keep this page, I will be checking out the application. Happens must be?
    Will not think it.|
    Now i am now not absolutely sure the location you’re getting your information, but superb area of
    interest. I will fork out some time finding out additional
    or even learning much more. Appreciation for great advice I was seeking these facts for my assignment.|
    Are grateful for work well . place. The best place in addition might everyone
    have that method of information and facts in that ideal tactic connected
    with penning? I have a discussion future seven days, at this point on the seek
    such details.|
    You will completed a number of effective issues
    currently there. I was able to specific search terms on the stock market and located many people will
    have similar point of view together with blog page.|
    This really is a subject that’s about my favorite heart… Thanks!
    Exactly in which can be your contact info despite
    the fact that?|
    are you presently insterested throughout link exchange?|
    A lot of absolutely nice invaluable facts about this site, way too I’m sure the
    structure has got amazing features.|
    Ahaa, it really is great debate regarding this post only at this approach web page, We have read through everything that,
    so now everybody as well commentinghere.|
    I really went over this amazing site and you will have a
    many amazing information and facts, conserved to make
    sure you favorite songs (:.|
    You’ll damaged or lost myself, companion. The things i’m stating will be, That i envision My business
    is which you’re announcing. Actually, i know exactly what you’re thinking, yet, mobile
    computer have the symptoms of left behind that could be some other
    many people while in the environment who exactly
    check out this trouble for which it truly is and might possibly certainly not choose
    a person. You might be resorting at bay a lot of people which may are fanatics within your web-site.|
    Omg, fabulous weblog layout! How long are you presently wordpress blogging intended for?

you have made writing a blog view uncomplicated. The whole of the start looking of your respective
    web site is terrific, just as effectively as being the subject matter!|
    terrific factors entirely, you simply acquired a different site reader.
    Just what can everyone strongly recommend on ones own upload that you
    really designed a 7-day period gone by? Any sort of confident?|
    You’ve made many fine tips now there. I did so a search within the concern uncovered many men and women have
    the same judgment utilizing your web page.|
    Heya, I reckon your internet site is perhaps developing user match up points.
    When That i evaluate your site with Opera, it looks fantastic nevertheless starting with Internet Explorer, there is quite a few the actual.
    I simply wanted to provide you with a useful manages!

Alternative subsequently which will, excellent blog!|
    Good day, an individual which is used to create terrific, nevertheless keep going several content articles happen to have been kind boring… I personally overlook your awesome documents.
    Past a few content articles are simply little of watch!
    can occur!|
    ncphpthgr,Appreciate your telling this sort of outstanding web site.
    My organization is now content observed this unique
    revealing weblog.|
    We apart from my friend ended up looking through the wonderful home elevators your blog and then swiftly developed
    a dreadful hunch I never thanked the positioning master for
    the people skills. Women were definitely for that
    reason ready to go through they all and have
    ultimately unquestionably also been using those items.
    Appreciate your simply being just clever and then for picking a choice with specific helpful difficulties innumerable
    persons are honestly willing to understand more about.

My own truthful feel sorry for not to thank you past.|
    We’re a small grouping volunteers as well as launch
    a completely new program in your online community. Your web blog provided u .
    s . utilizing worthwhile tips to your job concerning.
    You have carried out the sturdy process along with many of our whole city is going to be head over heels to you.|
    I want to that will put one the following amount of expression for helping
    thanks yet again exclusively for all of the enjoyable pointers you’ve
    led listed here. It turned out pretty open-handed of individuals such as you to present freely just what exactly a lot of folks would’ve given being an book to wind up making some
    dough their selves, and in particular since you also may have completed it if you ever opted.

Such creative ideas way too been effective to be the great
    way to make certain that relaxation have the identical ideal really enjoy a have to study far more when you’re thinking of this disease.
    It’s my opinion there are many a lot more periods down the road
    for people who access your site.|
    “I really enjoy your web blog article.Really thanks a ton! Fantastic.”|
    I did before beI was recommendedsuggested this kind of blogwebsiteweb web-site
    throughviaby course of action ofby method ofby my best
    step-brother. I actually amI’m presently notnotno lengthier
    surepositivecertain whetherwhether or otherwise this particular postsubmitpublishput away is written throughviaby solution ofby indicates ofby
    the pup simply because no onenobody otherwise realizerecognizeunderstandrecogniseknow this sort of specificparticularcertainpreciseuniquedistinctexactspecialspecifiedtargeteddetaileddesignateddistinctive approximatelyabout my very own problemdifficultytrouble.
    A person areYou’re amazingwonderfulincredible!

Thank youThanks!|
    Great article.|
    No doubt are convinced that that you just proclaimed.
    Your preferred explanation have also been over
    the internet the most effective aspect to be familiar with.
    I explain to you, I just clearly find aggravated although consumers consider concerns the
    fact that they complete not necessarily understand. You actually in a position to reached
    any nail bed after the top together with recognized
    out the entire thing while not side-effect , consumers could take a symptom.
    Will likely be straight back to find more. Thanks|
    I became just looking because of this information and facts for long periods.

Subsequent to 6 hours associated with frequent Googleing, as a final point I managed to
    get this in the online business. I ponder what’s the
    possible lack of Google strategy who don’t status these kinds
    of insightful sites when it comes to surface of the list.

Unquestionably the prime online sites are jam packed with waste.|
    I’ve looking on on the internet beyond 3 hours currently, still I never located any kind of interesting
    guide just like the ones you have. It’s rather worth good enough i believe.
    Individually, when all webmasters and even blog writers crafted wonderful content and articles just like you had, the internet will probably be way more
    advantageous prior to now.|
    Regards , I’ve recently been seeking out info about this kind of idea for ages in addition to joining your downline is the
    best Available available just up until at present. Yet, what
    in regards to the decision? Presently good with regards to
    the quantity?|
    that you are is a fantastic site owner. The site
    reloading speed can be incredible. It appears that
    evidently you’re performing just about any different trick.
    On top of that, All the ingredients will be work of art.
    you may have executed a superb profession on this subject!|
    Automobile’s value reduces where you stand getting your
    specifics, but yet superb area. Simply put i must take the time studying additional and even understanding far more.
    Appreciate your magnificent data I found myself searching for
    these records for my mandate.|
    Fantastic web page. Plenty of handy information these. Now i am posting it again to varied colleagues ans as well writing during fabulous.

And clearly, warm regards with your perspiration!|
    People are a small grouping volunteers in addition to opening an exciting
    new method of our own society. Your web site provided us precious information and facts to
    function in. You’ve executed a superb career and additionally many of our large local community is going to be
    thankful to you personally.|
    Heya good web site!! Individual .. Wonderful ..
    Wonderful .. I’ll lesemarke your web sites plus make the
    passes additionally¡KI’m content to obtain many valuable information in typically the post, you
    want work out alot more techniques during this value, many thanks for giving.
    . . . . .|
    I found myself encouraged this blog just by our grandmother.
    I’m unsure whether this text is constructed by means of the dog mainly because nobody discover these finely detailed regarding my personal frustration. You’re awesome!

Bless you!|
    I recommend that which you folks usually are together far
    too. Those shrewd perform and also revealing! Carry
    on outstanding performs gents We have bundled
    you to my blogroll. In my opinion it’ll improve valuation of my website ??|
    It’s the optimum time to generate various ideas in the future and it’s really time to be at liberty.
    I’ve look at this article and of course if I
    could possibly I personally would like to recommend you certain exciting issues or possibly recommendations.
    You could might generate following that articles or reviews talking about this information. Permit me to find out more things about the idea!|
    Dead prepared content, enjoy it with respect to entropy.
    “In your dream involving anyone with a entire world, back once again the earth.” by way of William Zappa.|
    Regardless of whether someone seeks your partner’s demanded detail, therefore he/she needs to be shown the fact that
    word by word, with the intention that point is actually held over here.|
    whoah this kind of weblog might be excellent i really
    enjoy researching your site content. Keep up the nice drawings!
    You’re confident you know, lots of folks are searching over of
    this specifics, you could potentially assistance individuals drastically.|
    Hey my good friend! I would like to report that this particular blog
    post is awesome, attractive created can be found with the
    help of virtually all necessary infos. I would like to look far more blogposts along these lines.|
    I appreciate you for your excellent writeup. It again believe it or not would have been a theme bill them.
    Start looking highly developed to be able to significantly more further acceptable from your business!
    But, the simplest way may we all communicate?|
    Hey s? famkily part! Simply put i ?ish to converse th?r th??
    post ?’s amazing, gre?t wr?tten along with g?everyone by using mobile application?oximately ?lmost
    all fundamental infos. ? ?ould li?i to look extra articles or blog posts ?ove this specific .|
    Pleasant report. I merely located any site and even want to claim
    that We’ve surely valued searching your blog post articles or blog posts.
    In fact I’ll come to be registering to ones rss plus i do hope
    you jot down just as before immediately!|
    This is remarkable, You’re a incredibly expert digg.
    I had joined your satisfy and toward seeking even more of your
    current magnificent put up. In addition, I’ve provided your
    website around my social networks!|
    Fantastic things from your site, fella. Relating to understand an individual’s objects earlier than and you
    are simply just pretty breathtaking. I enjoy the things you have acquired here,
    without doubt for instance what you really are expressing and
    exactly the places you say it. You get it again pleasurable but you just care for to remain it good.
    I will not wait to view a great deal more away from you.

A great a superb blog.|
    I believe other website online entrepreneurs must take
    your blog just as one model type, very and also terrific
    intuitive structure, not to your content. You’re knowledgeable with this content!|
    For a nice and looking at to get a tad bit for virtually every top quality reports on this subject style of neighborhood
    . Exploring when it comes to Msn When i lowered became
    aware of your blog. Perusing this information and facts Which means that i’m thrilled to present that
    own an extremely excellent weird becoming I found precisely what It was necessary.
    I really undoubtedly will guarantee for you to don’t put aside this amazing site and provide it all
    a look on a regular basis.|
    Worthwhile tips. Fortuitous others I recently found
    your website mistakenly, and then I’m astonished
    so why this specific incident decided not to transpired up-front!
    I just saved to favorites that.|
    I’ve truly look at quite a few exactly stuff in this article.
    Most certainly selling price book-marking to get revisiting.

I delight the tremendous amount try out you put in order to make this kind of very good illuminating internet site.|
    Wow, great weblog page layout! The length are you
    currently running a blog to get? you have made blogging seem effortless.
    The look of your webpage is fantastic, besides the articles!|
    Amazing web pages. Plenty of useful information right here.
    My business is passing along this for some mates ans likewise
    telling on great tasting. And naturally, many thanks within your are wet with perspiration!|
    Information wise evaluate. Everybody & a next-door neighbor had been really able to break
    on this. We got a new snap up a book in our nearby choices
    but I feel I just found out more as a result submit.
    I will be very grateful to see these superb details really
    being mutual easily available.|
    esmtie,Your site was in fact insightful together
    with valuable in my experience. I appreciate you writing.|
    I actually dugg several of people posting since i cogitated
    they were actually very handy important|
    remarkable things for the most part, you recently triumphed in a fabulous company logo completely new visitor.
    Whatever could an individual indicate concerning your send in that you really developed a
    day or two up to now? Every guaranteed?|
    Seriously, wonderful web page system! The time are you presently blogging for cash meant for?

you create posting check very easy. Complete appearance of your websites are outstanding, and also information!|
    Hurrah, that’s things i wanted, what a advice! recent at this approach
    blog site, thank you administrator of these article.|
    Priceless data. Lucky people I recently came across your web page incidentally, and then I’m pleasantly surprised how
    come this kind of twist of fate didn’t passed off
    upfront! That i book-marked it.|
    I am lack of for a little bit, but this time I recall why I
    did before appreciate this great site. Bless you , I’m going to try to look more regularly.
    How many times people if you wish to blog?|
    Impressive product from your business, mankind. We have recognize ones own things ahead
    of and you are really very stunning. I for example whatever you have developed below, like what you
    are actually saying and just how in the places you say it.

You will be making the idea fun but you just care for to maintain it again prudent.
    My spouse and i can’t hang around to read through a lot more of your stuff.
    This is a good web page.|
    Really! Thank you very much! Simply put i for a long time needed to produce
    on my small webpage something of that nature. May i go on a section of your post to
    help this site?|
    Hey, people utilized to be able to write good, but the ultimate some
    blog posts are generally kind boring¡K My spouse and i overlook ones huge posts.
    Over and above quite a few blogposts are only a tad bit out from path!
    can occur!|
    I feel other sorts of web-site managers must take this web site just as one
    unit, quite and also great convenient preferences, in addition to
    article content. You’re an established through this area!|
    I don’t be aware by domain flipping proved at this point, nevertheless i concept this informative article was initially amazing.

I would not find out you but you are likely to some renowned
    weblog writer if you’re not presently ?? Cheers!|
    Sup pleasant web-site!! Man .. Wonderful .. Great ..
    I’ll search for your websites and also have some nourishes also¡KI’m glad to uncover numerous handy details at this point within the send,
    we desire acquire way more approaches in this particular admiration, many thanks for
    telling. . . . . .|
    I¡¦ve study a few perfect stuff at this point. Seriously worth social bookmarking pertaining to
    revisiting. I surprise the simplest way a huge amount
    of exertion you to set-up this sort of superb useful website.|
    It’s excellent as your other blog content articles : H, regards for offering.
    “So, as opposed to appear ridiculous after, We renounce looking cunning currently.”
    with Invoice regarding Baskerville.|
    Awesome! Thank you! When i for good wished to generate on my small webpage or something that is.
    How do i please take a piece of your post for you to my website?|
    I¡¦ve read through some appropriate thing
    right here. Positively benefits book-marking for the purpose of revisiting.
    I ponder the way so much make an effort a person place to create the sort of
    brilliant insightful websites.|
    how to post on squidoo as the pagefb distribute|
    Basically wanna admit the will be crucial , Thanks for bringing your
    time and energy to be able to the.|
    Terrific as being a concept-likely hopeless that will
    fail terribly actually, oh well..|
    I would like to thnkx to your goals you’ve gotten make a note of your blog.

I’m praying the exact same high-grade internet site place from your website while in the
    coming at the same time. The fact is that a inspiring ability as a
    copywriter features pushed us to generate our website at this point.
    In truth the blogging is normally growing it is chicken wings quickly.

Your write is a fantastic instance of the application.|
    Hello there, I stumbled upon your website by means of Yahoo and google when buying related subject matter, your web site got here way up, it
    seems like good. I’ve added the idea into my aol book marking.|
    We appreciate several other educational internet site.

The venue else could I get which will types of information printed
    in type of excellent strategy? I throw a challenge that will I’m at this time implementing, not to mention I’ve really been along the
    be cautious about those specifics.|
    I had been studying a handful of your personal articles on that internet websites and That i conceive this specific internet webpage is
    rattling helpful! Retain placing .|
    Needing 100 % free proxies for ones Search engine optimizing programs?
    If you do, then this record is designed for a person. Their list is made up of proxy servers
    for placing and even scraping.|
    Make have fun with the post.Substantially thank you. Wish much more.|
    Thats a details with un-ambiguity as well as preserveness connected with precious
    working experience on the stock market involving unplanned thoughts.|
    Computer applications like Webroot SecureAnywhere Pc irritates trojans over a couple of ways.

It all deciphers knowledge as well as blocks infection going without shoes registers.
    Therefore it gets rid of trojans that’s undoubtedly put in any computer.
    You may show it all towards check your hard drive determined by
    a routine for which you pick.|
    I like to people due to your personally own toil
    within this web page. A princess takes pleasure in getting
    into research and then it’s clear to see exactly why.
    Almost everyone see concerning the energetic
    way anyone furnish reasonable tricks by your blog post and also desired solution from some using this material furthermore all
    of our boy has become discovering quite a lot. Utilize the rest of the year.

You’re the only one making a practical task.|
    Thank you , I have got really been trying to find information about that subject for ages plus your own is the foremost I’ve determined all this time.

And yet, everything that regarding the finish?
    Are you certain concerning the supplier?|
    I became advisable this site by means of my favorite in-law.

I’m hesitant it doesn’t matter if this text
    is constructed with him or her as no one else learn these types of in depth pertaining to my issues.

You could be awesome! Thank you!|
    Great post. I got looking at continually this site i will happy!

Extremely helpful facts explicitly the very
    last section ?? Simply put i take care of this sort of tips significantly.
    I seemed to be in search of this amazing specifics for your while.
    Warm regards and then all the best ..|
    Good day i am kavin, it’s the primary occasion to commenting anyplace, when i just read the
    following written piece i assumed i could truthfully furthermore
    produce remark due to this unique fantastic short
    article.|
    It is actually truly a terrific and helpful component of specifics.
    I am just cheerful that you really provided this useful material about.
    Satisfy keep us modern of this nature. We appreciate posting.|
    Exceptional blog the following! In addition your website loads together really quick!
    Precisely what variety are you presently by means of?
    Could i get your internet connect to an individual’s host?
    I wish my website laden as quick just as you lol|
    Wonderful write-up, My organization is regular website visitor
    about one¡¦s site, manage up the fantastic work, and is also gonna
    be a standard visitor to your site for decades.|
    Highly competently prepared info. Will probably be
    excellent every body just who applies that, which include me and
    my friends. Carry on doing what you are doing To can’r wait
    for more info discussions.|
    My spouse and i don’t realize the way i found myself listed here,
    having said that i assumed this particular blog post was wonderful.
    Take part in understand what you are about but you will definitely a new widely known blog when you aren’t currently ??
    Adios for now!|
    Without a doubt believe you choose to explained.
    The preferred motive looked to be out there most effective
    aspect to have knowledge of. I explain to you,
    Simply put i definitely acquire irritated even while consumers give some thought to headaches that they definitely don’t
    are aware of. You actually been able to come to your fingernail on some
    of the best and likewise specified out of whole thing free of side-effects
    , men and women might take a transmission. Will be returning to become
    more. Many thanks|
    thanks a ton online webpages.|
    Mention, you’ve got an attractive blog post.Thank you.|
    Anyone cause it to be appear to be that easy with each of
    your slideshow however i get this disorder to remain genuinely an element that I feel We’d never comprehend.

It seems like overly involved as well as general personally.
    Now i’m looking forward for your next article, Let me make sure you get the
    hang of the software!|
    Thank you for the useful dangereux. All of us & a buddy are simply just able to search concerning
    this. We’ve got any take hold of an e-book from the area archive even so feel I personally uncovered clearer
    using this report. I am particularly grateful to observe like stunning
    knowledge staying common freely you can get.|
    I quite like this approach website completely, It is the really nice billet to study along
    with find facts . “The planet pauses anybody, and then shortly, the majority is solid around the destroyed websites.” as a result of
    Paul Hemingway.|
    Why not work with management Vy Nguyen Cao be able to handle infants joint located at Caolonkhoemanh site.
    Number caolonkhoemanh, # vynguyencao|
    A person allow it to be seem so easy with each of your business
    presentation even so get this condition to be in fact something that I feel I would personally not ever fully understand.

This reveals at the same time complicated and really large
    i believe. We’re looking forward for your upcoming blog post, I’ll try to master it!|
    I have master a lot of nutrients below. Definitely worth social bookmarking to get revisiting.
    Simply put i wonder how much money energy you put to make such a wonderful revealing internet site.|
    As well as vanished for quite a while, the difference is From
    the exactly why I used to really enjoy this site.
    Thanks , I’m able to attempt to visit with greater regularity.

Appropriately one keep track of page?|
    Hello. Today making use of windows live messenger.
    This really is a really well penned posting.

I’ll you’ll want to take a note of it again can be found here
    we are at read more of your own very helpful data.
    I am glad publish. I am going to unquestionably come back.|
    Hello there, I’m seriously seriously happy I’ve located this data.
    At present blog writers share only around rumours along with total
    which is really demoralizing. A quality blogging site along with helpful articles, that’s
    things have to have. Many thanks for holding this page, I’ll turn out to be browsing them.
    Should you do news letters? Simply cannot think it is.|
    I do believe various other internet site keepers must take your blog as being an brand, particularly tidy and great straightforward style and design, and also the content and
    articles. You’re an experienced within this subject matter!|
    Many thanks for writing amazing infos. The web-site may be so trendy.
    I’m surprised by the facts who you¡¦ve on this internet site.

It brings out just how beautifully you know this subject.
    Added the internet page, will return for
    further content. Everyone, my associate, Rock and roll!
    I uncovered only the facts My partner and i actually looked on just about everywhere in support of couldn’t discover.
    How much of an best site.|
    Wonderful websites. Plenty of very helpful info in this article.
    I¡¦m submitting it again to only a few good friends
    ans furthermore giving out within yummy. And lastly,
    appreciate it within your time and effort!|
    magnificent matters on the whole, a charge card
    received a brand new readers. The things might anyone recommend as to your site for you to produced a few days in earlier times?
    Any specific specified?|
    The like your story read my head! You appear to knowa large amount about this, as you authored the novel
    on it or something like that.I do think that anyone can employ a couple of fakes they are what
    it’s all about your home some more, still insteadof of which, it’s wonderful
    blogging site. An outstanding read. I’ll unquestionably
    return.|
    Black regarding ebony inside the Wall charger I’m creepin’ Chafe my family professionally, you might have the genie B.e.D, dark-colored Houdini|
    Whats up, a person would always produce terrific,
    however previous few threads had been kinda boring… My spouse
    and i overlook the very good writings. Past a few items are just a bit of out from course!
    appear!|
    I favor all you people can be ” up ” too.
    Such ingenious job and then filing! Sustain outstanding works fellas I¡¦ve included all of you
    to our blogroll. It looks like it’ll help worth
    of our web pages ??|
    Excellent products and services away from you, dude.
    I’ve appreciate ones stuff ahead of and you’re just simply tremendously splendid.

I like every thing you have developed in this case, appreciate that which you are revealing and ways in which the spot where
    you say it. You develop the item enjoyable but you just attend to which keeps this smart.

We can’t hold out to view considerably more from your site.

This really is an enjoyable webpage.|
    Effective information and facts. Fortunate enough everyone I found your
    web site accidentally, as well as I’m disturbed for what reason this unique collision could not came about ahead of time!

Simply put i saved to my bookmarks this.|
    What’s up, We’re Alex JohnWonderful knowledge,
    thank you pertaining to sharing type of info.This is
    merely be familiar with tips generally were being seeking,Bless you a great deal all over again. While doing so .

awesome one offers in-depth specifics.you will see further information take a look at in Fb Broken into Profile.|
    It¡¦s a real great and then practical piece of facts.
    I’m certainly happy that you really common this useful details
    around. Please make sure to keep us educated this way.
    We appreciate writing.|
    Get several your location having your material, even so superb subject matter.
    I just must have to take your time trying to learn considerably more and
    also hitting the gym even more. Thanks for breathtaking info I seemed
    to be in search of this for my vision.|
    Fantastic web site the following! Furthermore your web blog masses ” up ” quick!
    Everything that variety are you by using?

How do i get the affiliate hyperlink to your coordinate?

If only this site packed up as speedily because one hahah|
    Intriguing information and facts !Optimal just what exactly I found myself searching designed for!
    “…obstacles really don’t are in existence to
    always be surrendered to successfully, however only to become shattered.” as a result of Adolf Hitler.|
    Hello there, You’ve done a great career. I’ll obviously
    bing the application and even in person indicate to make sure you my guys.
    I know that they’ll get benefited from your blog.|
    I actually see why publish. Photograph checking everywhere on because of this!
    Thank heavens I uncovered that on Aol. You’ve manufactured my very own day of the week!
    Thx once again|
    I’m glad to want. It’s the types of guide that
    should be offered and not the particular well known fictional that’s in the different information sites.

Appreciate your sharing that most effective record.|
    Hello there. superb activity. I didnt imagine this. This can be a awesome message.
    Many thanks!|
    It looks like additional page users should take your
    blog being an product, incredibly neat and breathtaking individual genial design, together
    with the content material. You’re an experienced person during this niche!|
    thank you online websites.

24. redline v3.0

June 18, 2019 at 5:00 pm

We are a group of volunteers and opening a brand new scheme in our community. Your website offered us with useful information to paintings on. You have performed a formidable task and our whole community will probably be grateful to you.

Education

Sexual misconduct: UI inaugurates ad-hoc committee

Sexual misconduct: UI inaugurates ad-hoc committee

Sequel to the recent exposition on the sex- for-grades scandal affecting a lecturer of the University of Lagos (UNILAG), the University of Ibadan has inaugurated an ad-hoc committee to investigate claims of sexual misconducts in the institution.
This development was contained in a release by Professor Idowu Olayinka, the Vice-Chancellor of the university as seen on his face book account Wednesday evening.
According to him: “The recent exposé of sexual misconduct in Nigerian universities is deeply disturbing and necessitates a reminder that the University of Ibadan maintains the tradition and standard of zero tolerance for sexual harassment and misconducts as contained in our Staff and Student Information Handbooks, the recently revised Gender Policy and Sexual Harassment Policy, and other allied documents as earlier approved by both the Senate and Council.
“Consequently, in order to ensure that the university is proactive in preventing incidences of sexual misconducts and be assured that the University of Ibadan is a safe space for staff and students, members of the university community are hereby notified that an ad-hoc committee has just been inaugurated by the Vice-Chancellor to among others, investigate claims of sexual misconducts.
“To assist with their task, kindly communicate all relevant information on the subject matter to e-mail: wourlus@gmail.com; and phone number 07033281680.”

Education

Niger to give 2,500 teachers appointment letters

Niger to give 2,500 teachers appointment letters

…as NSUBEB expends over N6bn in 6 years

Niger State government on Wednesday disclosed that at least 2,500 teachers will get their employment letters and resume work next month (November).
This is as the state’s Universal Basic Education (NSUBEB) disclosed that it received the sum total of N6,662,054,407 between 2013 and 2018 for interventions in Basic Education and Junior Secondary Schools.
While addressing journalists at the press gallery in Government House, Minna, the Chairman, NSUBEB, Alhaji Alhassan Muhammad Bawa said since 2015, the Board has trained over 16,000 teachers and carried out various interventions which include constructions, renovations and furniture.
According to him: “We have scaled up intervention in the educational sector with our development partners; we have constructed 1,313 classrooms, renovated 1,010 structures, 22 whole school, built 960 toilets, 20 high rise buildings, 20 fences and sunk 70 boreholes between 2015 and 2018.
“And because of the falling standard in education, the state government has given a nod for 2,500 qualified teachers to receive their appointment letters and to resume work by November this year.”

Education

Oyo govt’s education reform to the rescue

Oyo govt’s education reform to the rescue

REFORM

Piqued by the dwindling fortune of the state education sector, which is characterized by high figure of out-of-school children, the administration of Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State has put in place reforms that will redirect and refocus the sector for optimal performance

• Parents: Scrapping of N3,000 school fee, a right step

New education reforms and policies that will deliberate rescue the ailing education sector, address the nagging challenges in the school system, reposition and rejig the sector for the overall development of the state, have been initiated by the Oyo State Government.

The reform is to tackle poor school enrolment, charaterised by high figure of out-of-school children; poor budgetary allocation; shortage of facilities, decayed infrastructure, low teacher morale, inadequate qualified teachers, Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH) crisis, poor attention to technical and vocational education, which are some of the challenges confronting the state’s school system.

However, worried by these challenges and the urgent need to address them headlong if the state   is to make any appreciable progress in education, the state government-led by Governor Seyi Makinde has re-enacted the free education policy once enjoyed by the people of the Pace Setter State.

The first major step taken by Governor Makinde in his rescue mission embarked upon to savage the rot in the state’ education, was the scrapping of the N3,000 school fee charged the students in public secondary schools by the immediate past administration of Senator Abiola Ajimobi.

Announcing the return of free education at primary and secondary school levels in the state during his inauguration on May 29, at the Obafemi Awolowo Stadium (former Liberty Stadium), and the cancellation of the N3,000 school fees, which had hitherto deprived many children from going to school, stakeholders hailed the action as a welcome development that will go a long way to savage the system.

Meanwhile, the governor’s decision was not unconnected with the abysmal state of education in the state, as revealed last year by a data consulting firm, StatiSense, which reported that Oyo State was the leading state with the highest out-of-school-children figure in the South-West geo-political zone of the federation.

In the report, Oyo State had 463,280 out-of-school children, placing it as the only state among the 16 states in the North with the alarming education standard.

The report, however, painted the rot in the sector, despite the N2.5 billion spent on construction of three model schools, and renovation of 100 secondary schools across state at a total cost of N2 billion by the former administration.

Through the renewed vigour of Governor Makinde-led administration, the government disclosed that the state had returned over 34 per cent of the out-of-school children population to school.

Speaking on the fresh moves, the state Commissioner for Education, Prof. Kehinde Sangodoyin, who disclosed this, however, added that the government was working towards mopping the rest of the out-of-school children back to classroom before the end of the year.

As part of the state’s rescue mission, the Chairman of the State Universal Basic Education (SUBEB), Dr. Nureni Adeniran, had during the inauguration of the 11-member ‘Enrolment Drive Committee on Basic Education’ last week, said that the enrolment drive was geared towards addressing the out-of-school children phenomenon in the state.

This will create the needed awareness on the need to address alarming figure of out-of-school children in the state. This drive would adopt different strategies targeted at communities in the state, so as to increase enrolment in public schools,” he noted.

Adeniran further explained that the enrolment drive would ease the achievement of effective implementation of Better Education Service Delivery for All (BESDA) in Oyo State, saying: “The government through the committee would embark on intensive mobilisation drive of policy makers, parents, community leaders and other stakeholders for that purpose.”

Poised to reverse the trend and to achieve a viable education system, Makinde had reviewed upward the state 2019 education budget passed by the former governor by jerking up the percentage from the previous reported three per cent of the total budget to 10 per cent.

Piqued by the poor sectoral budgetary allocation, the governor had also promised to raise the allocation to 12 per cent as from the 2020 fiscal budget.

Under education financing of the state by the immediate past administration, the state House of Assembly had reviewed downward the N285 billion proposed by Governor Ajimobi to N182 billion, describing the amount as unrealisable and unduly bogus.

But, to ensure the realisation of better education for the children of the state, Governor Makinde shortly after the distribution of free textbooks to students in his alma mater, Bishop Philips Academy, Ibadan, said that he would take the state to an era where education would be well-planned, structured and well-funded.

“I enjoyed the same gesture from Oyo State Government in 1980. So, what we are doing today is not new. They provided for us chairs, tables, rulers, pencils, and mathematical sets. We need to reclaim the lost glory of Oyo State and reposition it among the comity of states of the country,” the governor pointed out.

On the low performance of the state in the Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE), the governor, however, expressed optimism that the state would have a better rating in next year’s West African Examinations Council (WAEC) and the National Examination Council (NECO) given his administration’s current interventions in the education sector.

Going by the sectoral data of the state, Oyo State presently has about 500,000 pupils and students in the about 3,000 state-owned schools, which include conservatively 324 secondary schools and 1,576 primary schools across the state.

However, New Telegraph learnt that prior to the cancellation of N3,000 school fees in secondary schools across the state, which brought a great relief to many parents, who could not afford to pay the N1,000 per term fee, many children had dropped out of school for apprenticeship training while several of them took into  different trades such as bus conducting, and selling in traffic to eke out a living.

As meagre as the N3,000 is, some teachers, who lauded the reform policy of Governor Makinde’s administration in the education sector, recalled that many students were being sent out of school and examination hall due to the inability of their parents to pay.

The teachers added: “But, enrollment of students has, however, increased in the last few months as many of them, who had earlier dropped out, have now returned to school to join their peers at the beginning of this new school session. The alarming figure of out-of-school children has also reduced drastically.

“Apart from scrapping the N3,000 school fees, Governor Makinde has also cancelled the policy of using teachers employed by the Parent Teachers Association (PTA). For long, the teachers were being paid through internal levies on parents in order to assist the government in schools where there are insufficient teachers. Now, the governor has asked the principals of the affected schools to bring the list of PTA teachers for consideration for full employment.”

Over the past years, New Telegraph learnt that sundry charges were levied the students, including N500 some principals collected from students for collection of school certificates, but which Governor Makinde had also stopped forthwith in the system.

However, in order to instill discipline in the students and improve the deplorable rating of the state in WAEC and NECO examination results, the state government has commenced the distribution of free textbooks on all subject areas and between six and seven notebooks to a student.

Besides, the government has also introduced a two-hour extra lesson from 2 to 4p.m for three days a week.

Under the policy, the teachers will teach the students between these hours and on Saturdays between 9a.m and 1p.m, while special lessons will be taught by teachers who will be rotated among the schools.

Also, New Telegraph learnt that teachers who engage in Saturday lessons will be paid a special allowance for the extra job.

Meanwhile, under Governor Makinde’s education reforms, machinery has now been put in motion to ensure that principals receive their schools’ running grants regularly, which were not being released by the past administration, without putting the burden on parents.

Similarly, the governor has donated his salary to the state pensioners’ fund towards making life worthy of living to the pensioners.

Indeed, with this gesture, the governor said that the backlog of pension arrears owed the state pensioners running to billions of naira would be gradually defrayed.

Today, workers in the state, especially in the education receive their salary, as well as pension on the 25th of every month.

This policy of paying salary on 25th of every month has been christened ‘GSM Day Without Network Failure’ and currently the government is not owing any outstanding salary as the two-month salary owed primary school teachers by former administration had been cleared by the present administration to give impetus to teachers’ performance and quality education delivery.

Given the various reforms many parents have continued to withdraw their children and wards in droves from private schools to public school, which are non-fee-paying.

In the tertiary education level, Governor Makinde has promised to leverage on the state-owned higher institutions to midwife the development of the state.

Therefore, the governor has commenced action to review upward the 25 per cent subvention being allocated to the institutions by his predecessor, a development which culminated in series of industrial action in the past.

In the policy considered by stakeholders a burden on students and their parents, as well as the management of the institutions, the immediate past government had ordered mangers of the state-owned tertiary institutions to generate 75 per cent of their funding internally to run the institutions.

While receiving the reviewed 2019 budget, the Speaker of the state House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Adebo Ogundoyin, however, commended the governor for approving the release of 100 per cent subvention to all state-owned tertiary institutions to pay the workers’ salary and other entitlements.

The state government has also promised to pay the institutions’ subventions in order to raise the bar of higher education in the state, even as the government has banned payment for common entrance and admission forms for students seeking admission into the state technical colleges and schools of science.

On the crisis ridden Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH), Ogbomoso, which has remained a pain in the neck of the state, the governor has promised to address the challenges and return stability to the institution owned jointly by Oyo and Osun States.

Underscoring the critical role of technical and vocational education in the development of the country and to meet the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), Governor Makinde’s administration is given the technical colleges, spread across the state proper attention, with a mandate to their Councils to fast-track rapid development of the colleges as well as ensure smooth academic calendar and industrial harmony in the system.

Under Mkinde’s reform, the First Technical University (Tech-U), Ibadan, established by the administration of Senator Ajimobi has continued receive a boost.

He also assured the university management of his administration’s support to make the institution an enviable citadel of excellence in terms of vocational and engineering services.

To access the Universal Basic Education Board (UBEC) Matching grants in order to enhancing the development of basic education, the governor had also pledged that his administration was poised to pay the state’s counterpart fund so as to access the sum of N2,724,516,373.70 outstanding  with UBEC.

According to Adeniran, “this will go a long way in assisting the Governor Makinde-led administration in its effort at enhancing qualitative education delivery in the state.”

The SUBEB chair, who, however, insisted that the state would leave no stone unturned in ensuring that every grant for the promotion of education in the state was accessed, pointed out that “government will ensure that Oyo State Universal Basic Education Board benefits from every unaccessed fund with UBEC, which would be channeled into the development of education in order to further boost enrollment in public schools across the state.

Another salient aspect of the state government’s education reform is infrastructural development, under which the government has completed some abandoned school structures by the previous government, such as the model schools in Isokun, Oyo and Eruwa, among others, while dilapidated structures are being rebuilt and renovated to give the schools facelift.

On the proliferation of sub-standard private school, the Governor Makinde’s administration has vowed that the system would be washed clean of such shenanigan in the system.

Towards this end, the SUBEB chair said that a Task Force on unregistered and substandard private schools would soon be inaugurated to arrest owners or operators of such schools with a view to restoring sanity into the sector.

“There are many private primary and secondary schools springing up everywhere in the state without the approved and regulated standard,” he noted, saying all these excesses would be curbed in the system.

“The owners or operators of such schools should be ready for our Task Force, which will visit their schools very soon. We are going to reposition the state’s education sector better than it had been over the years,” the former Commissioner said.

Education

UNILAG alumni unite for national development

UNILAG alumni unite for national development

Old students of the University of Lagos (UNILAG), under their umbrella body, the University of Lagos Alumni Association will between October 18 and 26 return to their alma mater to celebrate the golden jubilee of the association.

The 50th anniversary celebration, which had already been kicked off on Sunday, October 13 with the Annual General Meeting, has as a theme: “Driving Nigeria’s Sustainable Development Agenda,” centered on the importance the association attached to national development through sustainable development goals.

While addressing journalists at a media conference organised to unveil activities lined up to commemorate the anniversary, the National President of the association and Chairman of Channels Media Group, Dr. John Momoh, said the anniversary lecturer: “How Nigeria Can Achieve the Sustainable Development Goals by 2030,” would be delivered by the immediate past Director-General, United Nations Industrial Development Organisation (UNIDO), former United Nations Under-Secretary-General and Special Representative of the Secretary-General for Sustainable Energy For All, Dr. Kandeh Yumkella.

He also told journalists at the Alumni Jubilee House, Akoka Campus, venue of the media parley, that the lecture would be discussed by key personalities, experts and policy makers, including the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Sustainable Development Goals, Mrs. Adejoke Orelope-Adefulure.

Other activities to commemorate the anniversary include a Jumat service at the university Mosque on Friday, October 18; Thanks-giving service on Sunday, October 20 at the Chapel of Christ The Light; while exhibition by notable names in Nollywood, fashion and music, as well as the anniversary lecture are billed for Thursday, October 24.

According to Momoh, the grand finale of the anniversary, which is the Distinguished Alumni Awards and Dinner, where a selected few notable alumni and friends of the association would be honoured, would hold on Saturday, October 26, at the Lagos Continental Hotel, Vitoria Island, Lagos.

However, underscoring the key role of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in the overall growth and development of the nation, especially in the critical areas of poverty reduction and provision of security, the association reiterated that SDGs should be seen as a national objective.

According to the Chairman, Programme Sub-Committee, Dr. Waheed Olagunju, there is the need for government and private sector to come together for the country to succeed in the 17 goals of the SDGs.

Dr. Momoh, expressed delight that the vision of the founding fathers of the 57-year-old institution had been actualised and faithfully followed over the decades.

While he also pointed out that the partnership with the university had been mutually beneficial, albeit some minor challenges, he said the theme of the celebration was centered on the importance the association attached to national development.

At the conference were the Vice-Chancellor of the university, Prof. Oluwatoyin Ogundipe; Chairman, Programme Sub-Committee, Dr. Waheed Olagunju; Dr. Lukman Adeoti; the Chairman of Golden Jubilee Organising Committee, Mr. Temitope Smart; Chairman, Public Sub-Committee, Mr. Ime Ufot; and the National Publicity Secretary, Mrs. Regina Chris-Ogbodo, among other members and officials of the alumni association.

Education

A renewed hope, support for teachers on World Teachers’ Day

A renewed hope, support for teachers on World Teachers’ Day

As Nigeria joined the rest of the world to celebrate this year’s World Teachers’ Day, a stakeholder and education provider, Bridge Nigeria, has lamented that only about 20 per cent of young Nigerian adults, who have completed primary education, could read and write.

Worried by this development, the organisation has launched the #TeachersTransformLives campaign, which is to raise awareness of how teachers can be well supported and developed to help children develop even in the most challenging places and environment.

The campaign, which was launched as part of activities making the day at the Yaba Office of the Bridge Nigeria, according to the Managing Director, Mr. Oladapo Olarinmoye, is to highlight teachers in various communities, whose experience of teaching has been transformed due to a programme of training and support.

“Teachers demonstrate firsthand that teachers on the front line of this silent teaching crisis can change lives and improve outcomes if supported effectively,” he noted, saying: “Teachers play significant role in shaping young people’s lives and the future of their countries and so teaching is the most important job in the world.”

Olarinmoye added: “Every teacher needs adequate support and professional development and many teachers are not getting that. The risks for not doing this right could not be higher. That is why we are launching a new campaign to highlight the important role of teachers and how appropriate training and support can enable them to improve learning outcomes even in the most difficult environment.”

According to him, since the introduction of the World Teachers’ Day by the United Nations 25 years ago to galvanize global efforts to help teachers, millions of teachers are still without the requisite support and training needed to succeed.

Consequently, more than half of young people in the world, he noted, had not attained the basic reading and mathematics skills required to build prosperous future for themselves and their communities.

On his part, the guest speaker, Rotimi Eyitayo, the CEO, Team Master Global, stated that when teachers have the right training and motivation, their potential would become performance.

“The substance of the teacher is what makes the teacher great,” he reiterated, saying there was the need to support teachers to enhance their potential for high performance and productivity.

Also, the Academics Director at Bridge Nigeria, Rhoda Odigboh, however, said that teachers could be more effective if they were adequately equipped with the resources, techniques and support aimed at improving learning outcomes.

She said: “We know how to deliver better teacher training and support leading to more effective classrooms. Unless governments and others take urgent action, the UN goal of quality education for all by 2030 looks very bleak and difficult to achieve.

“There remains a global shortage of over 68 million teachers, making the learning crisis both a
quantity and quality issue for communities, governments and every sector helping to address the challenge.”

The high point of the event was the launching of a yearly award for teachers of Bridge Schools, as part of moves to reward excellent performance, as well as promote quality teaching, commitment and dedication among the teachers.

Meanwhile, some of the teachers working on the front line of the global learning crisis had explained how they are becoming stronger teachers and how training and support had made them agents of positive change in their communities.

Education

Commissioner lauds teachers, school for winning FG education awards

Commissioner lauds teachers, school for winning FG education awards

For their excellent performance in the education sector, no fewer than three private school teachers in Lagos and a school, Mrs. Elusaki Agnes Iyabo, Ikuseyidunmi Pius Bababo and Adeniyi Oluwasegun and Government Junior College, Epe have won this year’s edition of the 2019 President’s Teachers and Schools Excellence Award (PTSEA).

The award, which took place at the Eagle Square, Abuja, was instituted by the Federal Government to reward excellent teachers and schools for their exemplary performance in the education sector.

According to the state Commissioner for Education, Mrs. Folasade Adefisayo, who disclosed this while addressing teachers during the 2019 World Teachers’ Day celebration at the University of Lagos (UNILAG) Sports’ Complex, the feat was achieved as a result of priority attention the state government is paying to the development of the sector through provision of facilities.

“We have professionals and qualified teachers to attain greater heights in delivering quality education to our future leaders,” she noted, commending the teachers and school for their dedication and commitment to teaching jobs, as well as to the growth of the sector.

The Commissioner added: “No society can achieve meaningful development in delivering quality education without placing premium value on its teachers. I must confess that only Almighty God can reward your efforts and pray that your labour will not be in vain. Considering your roles, contributions and importance, our teachers must receive and enjoy the rewards for their labour first here on earth, and then in Heaven.”

The Commissioner, however, assured teachers in the state that teaching profession would be made more attractive under the administration of Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu, which has promised to increase budgetary allocation to education, deploy technology driven template to drive the sector, employ more teachers, upscale regular training of teachers, as well as create a conducive teaching and learning environment.

She also lauded the leadership of the state wing of the Nigeria Union of Teachers (NUT) for ensuring proper cohesion, solidarity and welfare of teachers in the state.

While reaffirming that the United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO) set aside October 5 every year as the World Teachers’ Day, with the aim to celebrate the invaluable contributions and roles of teachers’ in providing quality education to the children, Mrs. Adefisayo, described the theme of this year’s celebration “Young Teachers, the Future of the Profession” as appropriate and apt, as it addressed the need to take a critical look at the teaching profession from a perspective of yesterday, today and tomorrow.

“This is for the purpose of repositioning the profession for optimal performance in this present age that global attention is being shifted from resource-based economy to knowledge-based economy,” the Commissioner added.

Dignitaries at the event include the Permanent Secretaries/Tutor Generals of the Six Education Districts of the state; the Chairman of Lagos State Civil Service Commission, Mrs. Taiwo Oyemade; Mrs. Bunmi Oteju, who represented the SUBEB Chairman, Mr. Wahab Alawiye King; Chairman Teaching Service Commission, Mrs. Olabisi Ariyo; Director, Education Quality Assurance, Mrs. Bisola Seriki Ayeni; and the NUT Chairman, Otunba Adedoyin Adesina, among other stakeholders.

Education

Institute advocates ‘change management’ in school curriculum

Institute advocates ‘change management’ in school curriculum

call has gone to the Federal Government to rejig the nation’s education curriculum to include the teaching of ‘Change Management’ from basic education level to tertiary institutions.

The call was made by the Registrar of the Institute of Change Management (ICM), Mr. Joseph Anetor during the induction of new members into the institute in Lagos.

According to him, mere ability to read and write has become gross insufficient to navigate the present age of information technology and artificial intelligence, and therefore, it is important for students to hone their skills to become change agents from the early stage of their education.

This was as he noted that change was needed by everyone in order to adapt to the challenges of an ever-changing and complex society, saying the mission of the institute is to build skilled and competent change management specialists, organisations and institutions.

Anetor said: “It is also to create value and make a difference across all sectors of the economy, provide the needed support to individuals and corporate organisations. As the saying goes, the only permanent thing in life is change. The world would never stop evolving and changing.

“Therefore, the institute will continue the search for the best ways to prepare human and institutional capacities to enable us to take advantage of the benefits of the emerging changes to avoid any attendant risk that may accompany them.”

No fewer than a total of 15 new inductees were admitted into the various cadres of membership of the institute.

Meanwhile, in his keynote address, entitled: “Leading in a volatility, uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity (VUCA) world: The Change Management Imperatives,” Mr. Tayo Ayoola, a management consultant, said the society today was characterised by its volatility, uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity.

He hinted that contemporary society was moving at nearly the speed of lightening which required today’s professionals to keep a step ahead of the unexpected and react in a timely manner; stay on course despite constant surprises and lack of predictability; steer one’s operations through complexity, chaos and confusion and be able to take decisive actions.

However, Ayoola urged professionals to think global, but act locally, noting that success in a VUCA world would require setting laudable goals, relying on technology and being flexible, as well as to be adaptive, among others.

Education

12,000 Nigerians in U.S. colleges, varsities – Consul General

The United States Consul General, Claire Pierangelo, has said that about 12,000 Nigerians this year alone are studying in the United States.

He disclosed this during the 20th EducationUSA College and Career Fair 2019, which is being organised by the EducationUSA Nigeria since 19 years ago to introduce Nigerians to U.S. colleges and universities.

With over 4,000 accredited higher education institutions and over 600 courses of study in the United States, the Consul General, who said that truly there was something for everyone, however, added also that the college fairs had directly contributed to an increase in the number of highly qualified Nigerian applicants to U.S. institutions.

“When you study in the United States, you will receive a quality education and be competitive in the job market. The U.S. higher education institutions go beyond theory to offer international students practical training and jobs on campus while studying,” he said.

He further explained that graduates of U.S. institutions were in high demand because of the experience they acquired through internships, jobs, and volunteering, saying that education is a great catalyst, one of the main ingredients in fulfilling people’s dreams.

Pierangelo, who lauded parents, educators, and students who were at the fair to learn about the many higher education opportunities existing in the United States, promised that they would not be disappointed.

He said: “Today, you will have direct access to admissions representatives from a diverse group of colleges and universities in the United States. You also have two of the most passionate EducationUSA Advisers on the continent.”

Nigeria, the Consul General noted, has most of the foreign students in the United States from Africa, saying the U.S. Department of State supports EducationUSA fairs around the world.

He listed some notable alumni of the U.S. colleges and universities to include Chimamanda Adichie, who obtained a Master of Arts in Creative Writing from Johns Hopkins University, and a Master of Arts in African Studies from Yale University; Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, who received a PhD in Regional Economics and Development from MIT; Obiageli Ezekwesili obtained a MPA from Harvard University; Liyel Imoke received a LLM from American University; Ndidi Nwuneli received a MBA from Harvard Business School; Onyeka Onwenu earned a Master of Arts in Media Studies from the New School; and Banky W, who obtained a Bachelor Degree in Industrial Engineering from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.

Education

Who are the victims?

Who are the victims?

In his analysis of how ordinary Nigerians or common citizens kill and maim one another because of ethnicity, religion and politics while the elite emerge unscathed at the end of every conflict, Prof. Sani Abubakar Lugga, the Waziri of Katsina, raised the poser above, which is the title of the 2017 book: “who are the victims?”

With graphic photographs of dead, decapitated, debased and displaced people and a long nominal list of hundreds of victims of ethnic, religious and political conflicts in Plateau State alone as a microcosm of Nigeria, the author stridently drives home the message that ordinary Nigerians, especially the youth, should not allow the fire-spitting, divisive and bigoted leaders to sway them into taking negative action because the common people are always the victims of violence.

Since the period between 1451 and 1870 when 15,026,000 male and female slaves from West Africa were forcefully transported via the Sahara Desert and across the Atlantic and Indian Oceans to dehumanisation, the ordinary people have been the victims of conflicts, not the kings and the nobles. The Niger Delta militancy, the Boko Haram insurgency, the political violence and ethno-religious conflicts that have ravaged Nigeria in the past few decades have resulted in the death and displacement of ordinary citizens, who are the constant victims.

The author concludes the book on a pungent note while also raising four fundamental questions. According to him, “Nigerian Ordinary Citizens who are drafted as political thugs or religious and ethnic militia should stop allowing themselves to be used as gunpowder. Religious, ethnic and political leaders and elites normally trigger the conflicts from the comfort of their fortress homes and woo ordinary citizens into battle. Those who get killed, maimed or arrested by security agents are the ordinary citizens, as the planner-leaders and elites and members of their families never take part in the actual ‘war’; there would never be victims!”

His final questions addressed to those who fan the embers of conflict and violence in Nigeria, are: why do Imams and Pastors not come out, join and lead in religious conflicts; why do political leaders not come out, join and lead in political conflicts; why do Tribal Leaders not come out, join and lead in ethnic conflicts; and why do Leaders and Elites push Ordinary Nigerians and their children to the war-front and take themselves and their children away from the actual battlefields?

On the basis of the foregoing, it is in the interest of ordinary Nigerians, the youth especially, to resist the chicanery of the public figures and social media warriors whose antics are to lead Nigerians into fighting one another on ethnic, religious and political grounds. Those who do that are conflict entrepreneurs who are wont to benefit from gun business when the bubble bursts. They are those with dual passports who can easily jet out of the country with their children at the drop of a hat.

Though the Boko Haram insurgency has proved that even the rich also cry and all the elite are not immune to the consequences of violence, the fact still remains, as Prof. Lugga posits, that the masses are the victims. Why then should the victims work with their victimisers to oppress, repress and suppress their fellow victims?

To be a Nigerian is to be an original victim of the many vices and problems associated with bad governance and poor leadership. To complicate the matter further is to induce violence or conflict so that even the ordinary air being enjoyed will be difficult with disruption and destruction life’s ecosystem. In essence, everyone is a victim altogether as the line and the fowl that perches on it are uncomfortable.

As victims, ultimately, it is in our collective interest that Nigerians embrace and promote peace education. Peace education, according to UNICEF, is the process of promoting the knowledge, skills, attitudes and values needed to bring about behavioural changes that will enable children, youth and adults to prevent conflict and violence, both overt and structural; to resolve conflict peacefully; and to create conditions conducive to peace, whether at an intrapersonal, interpersonal, intergroup, national or international level.

To embrace peace education, Nigerians must prioritise discipline, character and the virtue of loving one’s brother as oneself regardless of religion, ethnicity and politics.

Education

Board to stakeholders: Support on-going reform in education

The people of Bayelsa State have been advised to support the ongoing reforms and programmes of the Restoration Administration of Governor Seriake Dickson in the education sector.

Chairman of the Bayelsa State Teacher Training Registration/Certification Board (TTRCB), Dr. Mrs. Stella Ugolo, who gave the advice during the opening ceremony of the third batch of the state’s teacher training programme and presentation of awards, which took place at Toru-Orua, also noted that that the novel idea of redeploying 2,000 civil servants from their respective ministries, departments and agencies (MDAs) to be trained as teachers to teach as part of moves to address the acute shortage of teaching staff in schools was a commendable policy.

The Board’s mandate, she added was to provide an effective and well-structured Continuous Professional Development (CPD) programmes for teachers and those that are newly entering into the system.

She added: “Under the programme, successful trainees after the training will be registered and certified as competent and qualified to teach in the state’s primary and secondary schools for a period of three years.

According to the Chairman, the board has successfully completed two training programmes where in the first batch  285 redeployed civil servants were trained.

The guest lecturer, Prof. Kolawole Adeyemi, advised other state governments to emulate Bayelsa State in creating similar agency to coordinate teacher training, registration and certification for the purpose of enhancing quality of education in their respective states.

In the lecture entitled: “Towards Quality Assurance for Adequate Education Delivery in the 21st Century School,” Adeyemi, however, noted that quality of education in the nation’s education system was far below standard.

“The teachers’ continuous professional development has been globally accepted as the vehicle for upgrading teachers for the 21st century schools, and any government, either state or federal that keyed into the programme would be ahead of others in this millennium,” the lecturer said.