Metro and Crime

Man defiles neighbour’s eight-year-old girl

Man defiles neighbour’s eight-year-old girl

Police have arrested a 28-year-old man, Mr. Anudumoapo Abiodun, for allegedly defiling an eight-year-old girl at the Bariga area of Lagos State.

Abiodun was arrested after the Divisional Police Officer (DCO) received a complaint from the victim’s mother, insisting that her little girl had been violated.

The state Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Bala Elkana, confirmed the arrest.

Elkana explained that on June 15, about 5p.m. policemen from Bariga Police Station received a complaint from the mother of the victim, that her daughter had been defiled by a neighbour.

He said: “A team of detectives from the Family Support Unit of the command promptly went after the suspect and arrested him. When the victim was taken to Ikeja General Hospital for medical treatment, it was confirmed that the girl had been defiled. Investigation is ongoing and the suspect would be charged to court soon.”

1. fps unlocker

July 8, 2019 at 11:43 am

Found this on MSN and I’m happy I did. Well written website.

2. rekordbox torrent

July 6, 2019 at 3:37 pm

Respect to website author , some wonderful entropy.

3. ufc 3 crack

July 6, 2019 at 9:56 am

Great, bing took me stright here. thanks btw for info. Cheers!

4. Respect to website author , some wonderful entropy.

July 6, 2019 at 2:55 am

Found this on bing and I’m happy I did. Well written web.

July 5, 2019 at 2:57 am

you are in reality a excellent webmaster. The site loading speed is amazing. It sort of feels that you are doing any distinctive trick. Furthermore, The contents are masterpiece. you’ve performed a excellent process in this subject!

July 3, 2019 at 3:03 pm

What’s Happening i’m new to this, I stumbled upon this I have found It positively helpful and it has aided me out loads. I hope to contribute & aid other users like its helped me. Great job.

8. vnhax download

July 3, 2019 at 3:08 am

I was suggested this website by my cousin. I am not sure whether this post is written by him as nobody else know such detailed about my difficulty. You are incredible! Thanks!

9. free cheats for rust

July 2, 2019 at 3:18 am

You made several nice points there. I did a search on the theme and found most persons will have the same opinion with your blog.

10. check cashed v3 jailbreak

July 1, 2019 at 4:56 am

With havin so much content do you ever run into any problems of plagorism or copyright infringement? My website has a lot of exclusive content I’ve either created myself or outsourced but it looks like a lot of it is popping it up all over the internet without my permission. Do you know any ways to help reduce content from being ripped off? I’d truly appreciate it.

11. strucid hacks

June 28, 2019 at 2:21 am

Wonderful work! This is the type of info that should be shared around the web. Shame on Google for not positioning this post higher! Come on over and visit my website . Thanks =)

12. synapse x cracked

June 27, 2019 at 3:54 pm

Simply want to say your article is as surprising. The clearness in your post is simply nice and i could assume you are an expert on this subject. Well with your permission allow me to grab your feed to keep up to date with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please carry on the enjoyable work.

13. ispoofer key

June 27, 2019 at 1:11 am

What i do not realize is actually how you are not actually much more well-liked than you might be now. You are very intelligent. You realize thus considerably relating to this subject, produced me personally consider it from so many varied angles. Its like women and men aren’t fascinated unless it’s one thing to accomplish with Lady gaga! Your own stuffs outstanding. Always maintain it up!

14. geometry dash 2.11 download

June 26, 2019 at 1:30 am

Do you have a spam issue on this blog; I also am a blogger, and I was curious about your situation; we have developed some nice procedures and we are looking to swap techniques with other folks, be sure to shoot me an e-mail if interested.

15. free fire hack version unlimited diamond

June 25, 2019 at 1:53 am

Nice blog here! Also your web site loads up very fast! What host are you using? Can I get your affiliate link to your host? I wish my web site loaded up as fast as yours lol

June 24, 2019 at 11:43 pm

Hi there, I found your blog via Google while looking for a related topic, your website came up, it looks great. I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.

17. Model Papers

June 24, 2019 at 10:06 pm

Surely awesome stuff you have shared with your audience… I am a travel blog and follow some specifics. By the way keep working like this

18. codes for mining simulator 2019

June 24, 2019 at 2:33 pm

You can definitely see your skills in the paintings you write. The arena hopes for more passionate writers such as you who are not afraid to mention how they believe. All the time go after your heart.

19. dego-gh

June 24, 2019 at 10:06 am

Hello this is somewhat of off topic but I was wanting to know if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML. I’m starting a blog soon but have no coding knowledge so I wanted to get advice from someone with experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

20. lumber tycoon 2 scripts

June 23, 2019 at 12:17 pm

Valuable info. Lucky me I found your web site by accident, and I am shocked why this accident didn’t happened earlier! I bookmarked it.

21. xbox one mods free download

June 21, 2019 at 2:17 am

My programmer is trying to persuade me to move to .net from PHP. I have always disliked the idea because of the costs. But he’s tryiong none the less. I’ve been using Movable-type on various websites for about a year and am worried about switching to another platform. I have heard fantastic things about blogengine.net. Is there a way I can import all my wordpress content into it? Any help would be really appreciated!

22. nonsense diamond

June 20, 2019 at 1:18 pm

Hi there, just became alert to your weblog via Google, and found that it is really informative. I am gonna be careful for brussels. I’ll appreciate should you proceed this in future. Many other folks will likely be benefited out of your writing. Cheers!

23. vn hax download

June 19, 2019 at 2:59 pm

You actually make it seem really easy together with your presentation but I in finding this matter to be really one thing which I feel I would never understand. It kind of feels too complex and extremely huge for me. I’m having a look ahead in your subsequent post, I will attempt to get the hold of it!

24. oprewards

June 18, 2019 at 3:03 pm

Howdy! I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could get a captcha plugin for my comment form? I’m using the same blog platform as yours and I’m having difficulty finding one? Thanks a lot!

25. Pingback: Today’s New Telegraph Newspaper Headlines Monday 17th June 2019.

26. Pingback: Man defiles neighbour’s eight-year-old girl - Instanextpost

Metro and Crime

Gobir Foundation empowers 500 Kwara women with interest free micro loans

Gobir Foundation empowers 500 Kwara women with interest free micro loans

As part of its mandate to uplift and empower the less privileged in the society, The Gobir Organisation Foundation has inaugurated the Gobir Fund in line with its laid down vision and mission.

The Foundation, among other things, is to alleviate poverty, which has become endemic and a major issue of concern, not only in Kwara State, but also nationally. In particular, it is to empower the women folk, recognised as the most vulnerable in the society today.

The Foundation, which was launched amid pomp and pageantry at the Gobir Organisation office, GRA Ilorin, the Kwara State capital, would provide easy access to interest free micro loans to indigenes of Asa, Ilorin East, Ilorin West and Ilorin South local government areas to enable them set up their own Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) with capital for growth.

Speaking at the occasion, the Founder of the Organisation, who is also the Waziri Kasar Hausa, and a Chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Kwara State, Yakubu Gobir, noted that the empowerment programme, which would be a continuous exercise, would bring relief and succour to every beneficiary, while urging them not to abuse the privilege given to them, stressing that the money must be invested in businesses, and not on personal wants.

According to the former governorship aspirant in Kwara State, the amount disbursed ranged from N10,000 to N50,000 depending on the Organisation’s assessment of the needs of each beneficiary, adding that the Foundation would also give training on basic financial intelligence and entrepreneurship to the beneficiaries to put them on sound economic footing.

Metro and Crime

Insecurity: Gov Sani Bello signs agreement with bandits

Insecurity: Gov Sani Bello signs agreement with bandits
  • Pardons 13 detained crooks

Governor Abubakar Sani Bello of Niger State has pardoned and released 13 bandits who have been terrorising parts of the state saying “we entered into an understanding with them to end their activities”.

He said this on Saturday at the 2nd General Abdulsalami Abubakar Foundation Annual Peace Lecture that the bandits made their demands as Nigerians.

While delivering a lecture titled “Good Politics at the Service of Peace: The role of Eminent Persons in the Prevention and Management of Conflict in Nigeria” at the Legbo Kutigi International Conference Centre, Minna, the governor also blamed certain politicians for heightening tensions and insecurity in the country with their utterances and actions.

According to him: “We signed a peace pact with them (bandits) and there is no better day to enforce that peace than today being World’s Peace Day, and I am pleased to inform you that since we had the understanding, there has been peace in that part of the state.

“We have expended a lot of resources using military solutions but at the same time we have decided to go into dialogue. And we found out that the dialogue we engaged in is beginning to yield positive results in some parts of the state.”

The governor, while declaring that the World Peace Day is a better time to enter a peace pact, said: “In our last meeting, we had an agreement and we requested from them to stop their activities and they also requested from us to release some of their members that were presumed to be unlawfully detained as part of steps to resolve the menace and to get peace.

“They are here today, these are people who feel oppressed; they have not been captured in the federal and states’ budgets; these are people that their ways of living and survival have not received the desired attention; these are people that are aggrieved; these are people that have been attacked.

“They feel they have been forced into carrying weapons and other dangerous weapons. We opened dialogue with them to stop their activities within a certain district or a certain part of the state.”

He further disclosed that the bandits made their demands as Nigerians, adding that “they have their prices; they have their worries; they also want to live in the comfort of homes but they are forced to remain in the bush”.

Governor Sani Bello also condemned the support being given to the now proscribed Islamic Movement in Nigeria (IMN) saying that such support was capable of disintegrating the country.

Metro and Crime

Lagos partners FCT on disaster management

Lagos partners FCT on disaster management

In a bid to improve on disaster management in the country, the Lagos State government on Saturday vowed to partner with the Federal Capital Territory Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), saying response time to emergency scene could be improved if the right approach is adopted.

The state government which expressed optimism in the possible of reduction lives lost to emergencies across the country, said collaboration between emergency agencies among states would reduce casualties recorded in road crashes, building collapse and other disasters.

Speaking during a courtesy visit by the Capital Territory Emergency Management Agency, led by its Director-General, Mr Abass Idris LASEMA DG, the Chief Executive Officer of the Lagos State Emergency Agency, Dr. Femi Oke-Osayintolu said that Lagos had experienced remarkable improvement in timely management and rescue operations both on land and waterways.

He said that LASEMA had educated the FEMA on the latest rescue operations both on land and waterways, adding that agency had taken the visiting FCT emergency agency to its facilities such as LASEMA Emergency Response Unit Command and Control centre in Alausa, LASEMA Operational Unit in Onipanu and Lekki as well as the Lagos State Waterways Authority, LASWA Terminal.

He explained that the visiting delegates were also taken through Lagos waterways, calling on the residents to always call the emergency free toll lines 737 or 112.

On his part, FCT emergency management agency, Director-General, Mr Abass Idris, promised to collaborate with Lagos to gain more experience and emergency management strategies.

The DG explained that the collaboration will afford the two agencies to share common knowledge, expertise and prepared ahead of disaster noting that LASEMA has all it takes to save lives and property during an Emergency with the state of art equipment stationed at every Emergency point in Lagos.

Metro and Crime

Motorists groan in traffic as tanker falls, spills contents on Lagos-Ibadan Expressway

By

Muritala Ayinla

For hours Friday motorists plying the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway groaned in traffic gridlock as a fully loaded truck with 33, 000 litres of Automated Gas Oil (AGO) lost control and spilt its content on the road.

The accident, which occured in the afternoon near the Otedola Bridge of the expressway, affected motorists moving inward Berger while several vehicles were stopped from passing the scene in order to avert possible explosion.

It was learnt that the white Mark Truck head with registration number KJA 911 XR lost control and overturned while heading towards Berger.

It was also learnt that officials of the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA) were on the scene minutes after the incidence despite the usual heavy Friday traffic outward Lagos to Ibadan and the surrounding towns on Lagos

Speaking on the accident, the General Manager, LASEMA, Dr Femi Oke-Osanayintolu said that truck had been removed from the road for free flow of the traffic.

He said that the immediate cause of the incidence was due to brake failure which made the truck trunk to fall off and spill its contents due to impact with the road but was successfully managed. He added that the physical assessment was also conducted to avert occurrence of a fire incident.

He said: ”The Lagos State Emergency Management Agency has successfully recovered and freed the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway from the traffic gridlock being experienced since when the fully loaded truck with 33, 000 litres of Automated Gas Oil, AGO, this afternoon pulled off its truck head and fell on its side while driving inward Berger shortly after the Otedola bridge.

”All emergency responders were activated and swung into action with trans loading of its contents, while the Lagos State Fire Brigade blanked the entire scene to prevent the truck from exploding.

”The primary responders at the scene of the incidence aside LASEMA, included the NPF, LASTMA, FRSC, Lagos State Fire Service and the Lagos State Neighborhood Safety Corps,” he said.

Metro and Crime

By

Muritala Ayinla

Metro and Crime

Gbajabiamila donates N60m drugs to Borno govt

Gbajabiamila donates N60m drugs to Borno govt

The Speaker of the House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila, yesterday, donated drugs worth over N60 million to the Borno State Government for onward distribution to the victims of insurgency in the state. The Speaker’s gesture came after his visit to some internally displaced persons (IDPs) in Maiduguri, Borno State, in July. Represented by his Chief of Staff, Sanusi Garba Rikiji, the Speaker presented the drugs to the leader of the Borno State Caucus in the House and the Chief Whip, Mohammed Tahir Monguno, who received them on behalf of the state government.

The Speaker, who made the presentation in his office in Abuja, said the drugs comprised antibiotics and other essential drugs that would cure infectious diseases among the IDPs. It would be recalled that the Speaker had equally visited the IDPs in Zamfara and Katsina states where he donated items, including drugs and foodstuff.

In his votes of thanks, the leader of the Borno State Caucus in the House, Monguno thanked the Speaker on behalf of the state governor, Prof. Babagana Umara Zulum, saying the gesture would go a long way in ameliorating the health challenges of the IDPs. Monguno said Gbajabiamila was the first Speaker of the House, who deemed it fit to visit Borno State mainly to feel the plight of the IDPs despite the security situation, thanking him for being an exemplary leader. He said the Borno State Government would ensure the judicious use of the drugs in a manner that would affect the lives of all the IDPs positively.

Metro and Crime

Glorious Vessels Foundation fetes less-privileged in Lagos

Glorious Vessels Foundation fetes less-privileged in Lagos

For the second time in six months, the indigent in Lagos have had cause to smile courtesy of the Glorious Vessels Foundation. The Foundation founded in 2012 by Ruckey Peniel, an international public speaker, author, and host of Hope Now TV and Conferences, reaches out to the poor and vulnerable in Nigeria and around the world. Recently, the Foundation through its HOTS (Hope on the Streets), Lagos programme lit up the faces of children and indigent adults on the streets of Agege. It is the second of such programme they would be holding in Lagos this year, the last one being an outreach programme in Iyana- Ipaja in March.

The Agege Outreach programme on Saturday involved the distribution of food items, water and other items to the recipients who turned out enthusiastically to welcome the HOTS team. Jasmine Asekome, one of the coordinators of last Saturday’s outreach quoting Peniel said the foundation, which is an offspring of Vessels of Hope, a non-profit organisation and the charity arm of Hope Now TV and Conferences, is concerned about the growing number of children and destitute on Nigerian streets. “We have a burden for the homeless and downtrodden, who on our streets, face hunger and deprivation. This is why we have returned to Lagos six months after our last programme in Iyana-Ipaja, to reach out to the people of Agege.”

Metro and Crime

Tipper driver kills mother in-law, sister in-law, 6-month-old baby in Edo

Tipper driver kills mother in-law, sister in-law, 6-month-old baby in Edo

…accuses in-laws of hiring thugs to beat him

Tragedy struck in Ovia North East Local Government Area near Benin, the Edo State capital, as a man identifies as Mr. Edoghogho Omorogbe, aged 44, has been arrested by the police for killing three members of his family. The suspect was nabbed by operatives of the state command for killing his mother-in-law, sister-inlaw and a six-month-old baby.

The names of the victims were given as Mrs. Alice Omorogbe (52), Mrs. Blessing Efe (25) and baby Osarumwense. Edoghogho was said to have killed the victims on September 17, at their residence at Iguadolor Community in Ovia North East Local Government Area of the state. A two-year-old girl inside the room at the time of attack was, however, spared.

The mutilated bodies of the victims were discovered the following morning by residents of the area. In his confession, Edoghogho said he killed his in-laws because they always hired boys to beat him anytime he had issues with his wife. He said: “I am a tipper driver but since the rains started I was doing menial jobs. I killed them out of annoyance because my mother in-law used boys to beat me up. She would say I am talking to my wife.

If I quarrel with my wife, she will send boys to beat me up. “I didn’t know that the cutlass will hit the baby. After I killed them, I ran away. Later I came out and went to tell my father what I did. I have not seen my wife since I killed her mother and sister.” However, the state’s Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), DSP Chidi Nwabuzor, could not be reached for confirmation of the incident yesterday, but a top police officer who pleaded not to be mentioned, said investigation into the matter had since commenced.

Metro and Crime

Man bags 15 years in prison for defiling 8-year-old girl

Man bags 15 years in prison for defiling 8-year-old girl

Justice Oluwatoyin Taiwo of an Ikeja High Court, Lagos, yesterday sentenced a 39-year-old man, Femi Anthony, to 15-years in prison for defiling an 8-year-old primary school pupil (name withheld). Anthony was convicted and sentenced after being found guilty of defiling the minor in 2012 while she was doing her homework in her family’s apartment.

While delivering judgement, Justice Taiwo said; “having considered all the oral and documentary evidence of the prosecution and defence, I am satisfied that the prosecution has proved its case beyond reasonable doubt. “I, therefore, find him guilty of the defilement of PW1 (prosecution witness 1). The incidences of the offence of defilement and rape have increased astronomically in society, this sentence should serve as a deterrented. I, therefore, sentence the defendant to 15-years imprisonment with no option of fine,” Justice Taiwo said.

However, according to the prosecution counsel, Mrs. K. O Sarunmi, the convict was first arraigned in court on June 23, 2014 after he had raped the 8-year-old pupil in May 20, 2012. The prosecutor said Anthony had snuck into the survivor’s (victim) flat while her mother was doing laundry downstairs. “The survivor was alone in the apartment when he came in. She was studying and doing her homework when he overpowered her and defiled her,” Sarunmi said.

Metro and Crime

Army: Troops kill 7 Boko Haram commanders

Army: Troops kill 7 Boko Haram commanders

The Nigerian Army yesterday announced the killing of seven suspected Boko Haram commanders during joint operations between its troops and elements of Multinational Joint Task Force (MNJTF). The Army further reiterated earlier claims that the suspected terrorists were fleeing to North and Central Africa, to escape the heat from ongoing operations in the North East.

Acting Director of Army Public Relations (DAPR), Col. Sagir Musa, who made the disclosure in a statement yesterday, noted that the said feat has since attracted the commendation of the Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lt-Gen. Tukur Buratai. “The MNJTF and the Nigerian Armed Forces are in celebrative mood today and have been basking in the successes of their combined efforts of artillery and air bombardments of suspected hideouts of erstwhile Boko Haram/ISWAP at the Tumbus of Lake Chad region that neutralised many including key commanders.

“However, it was mourning and a monumental set back to the erstwhile Boko Haram/ISWAP fighters hibernating at the triangular area.

“Reliable information coming out from the inner circles of the demented and criminal group’s enclave escaping to Sudan and Central African Republic, indicated that about seven of their key commanders have been wasted by the superior forces of the MNJTF. “The neutralised commanders are said to be Abba Mainok, Bukar Dunokaube, Abu kololo, Abor Kime (said to be of Arab origin – likely their ISIS trainer), Mann Chari, Dawoud Abdoulaye (from Mali) and Abu Hamza,” Musa said He added that: “All these were said to be commanders of various Tumbus controlling fighters before they were decisively dealt with and sent to the pit of hell by the military bombardment. “Although these names may be not be real and may likely be nicknames and alias, nonetheless, it is an unprecedented feat to our quest of clearing the remnants of these criminals in the area. Consequently, efforts are ongoing to get more information on their true identities.