Alleged $10m theft: Court to rule on Pinnick, Sanusi’s role Feb 20

  • Malami hands off case

 

 

Ajibade Olusesan

 

 

Federal High Court Abuja, will on February 20 rule on the prayers of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, asking it to join President Amaju Pinnick and Secretary General of the Nigeria Football Federation, Muhammed Sanusi,  in the suit regarding alleged theft of $10m FIFA grants.

 

 

The anti-graft agency is prosecuting three senior staff of the NFF who are indicted in the fleece and the EFCC is now seeking to join the chieftains of the federation in the suit.

The moves had been slowed down after the office of the Attorney General said it wanted to harmonise all the cases against the NFF chieftains. But the process has now received boost after the Ministry of Justice later washed its hands off the case.

 

 

The Justice Ministry has now conveyed the new position of government to the court and Justice Peter Affen said on Monday that he would  on February 20 rule on having Pinnick and Sanusi being charged along with three NFF accounts staff members.

 

 

He said it was the prerogative of the prosecution to amend their charges.

 

 

It would be recalled that Pinnick and Sanusi were originally named as witnesses in this case even though they are the authorizing and approving signatories of the NFF.

Anti-graft agency EFCC thereafter applied to amend their charges to include both senior officials after the three accounts staffers had been arraigned in the matter.

Related posts

Leave a Reply