A former President of the Senate, Iyorchia Ayu, has been elected as the National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party.
Ayu, who had been adopted as the consensus candidate for the position, won the election unchallenged with 3,426 votes.
A former Deputy Governor of Oyo State, Taofeek Arapaja, floored a former Governor of Osun State, Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola, for the position of Deputy National Chairman (South) by 2,004 to 705 votes.
For the position of the Deputy National Chairman (North), Umar Damagum, former governorship candidate in Yobe State, polled 2,222 votes to beat Inna Ciroma, former Minister of Women Affairs from Borno State, who polled 365 votes.
Muhammed Suleiman from Kaduna State scored 3,072 votes to defeat Usman Elkudan, also from Kaduna State, who scored 219 voted for the position of National Youth Leader.
The other available 18 position into the party’s National Working Committee were reached by consensus.
The full consensus candidates’ list
- Iyorchia Ayu – National Chairman
• Umar Iliya Damagum – Deputy National Chairman (North)
• Taofeek Arapaja – Deputy National Chairman (South)
• Samuel Anyanwu – National Secretary
• Ahmed Yayari Mohammed – National Treasurer
• Umar Bature – National Organizing Secretary
• Daniel Woyegikuro – National Financial Secretary
• Stella Effah-Attoe – National Woman Leader
• Mohammed Kadade Suleiman – National Youth Leader
• Kamaldeen Adeyemi Ajibade – National Legal Adviser
• Debo Ologunagba – National Publicity Secretary
• Okechukwu Obiechina Daniel – National Auditor
• Setonji Koshoede – Deputy National Secretary
14 Ndubisi Eneh David – Deputy National Treasurer
• Ibrahim Abdullahi – Deputy National Publicity Secretary
• Ighoyota Amori – Deputy National Organizing Secretary
• Adamu Kamale – Deputy National Financial Secretary
• Hajaja Yakubu Wanka – Deputy National Woman Leader
• Timothy Osadolor – Deputy National Youth Leader
• Okechukwu Osuoha – Deputy National Legal Adviser.